yBravo 25 The Quest for the Ultimate Blades.....?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

In my opinion, and that of other users, the yBravo 25 is a STRONG performer in damp and wet grass...with the Stock Factory blade. That is why I bought the mower last Spring after a short demo in wet grass.

With that said I have never been one to accept the status quo and I’m currently looking for other blades to improve on it’s already solid performance in bagging and mulching.

I just have one “Major Caveat” that needs to be understood. #1 USE YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE in this venture. Using a blade other than that authorized by the manufacturer may void your warranty etc.

And I “Strongly Recommend” that if you use ANY other blade than that recommended or supplied by yBravo that you SHOULD USE the longest possible possible MATCHING GRADE “HIGH GRADE” spindle bolt that will thread into the spindle. MAKE SURE it is also correctly torqued.

ybravobladewarning.PNG

2. Exact Rototilling

The non yBravo blade is the Oregon 91-766 24-5/8” blade.

Has anyone else used this blade....on the yBravo 25...? The one at the top and far right?

Your input.....?

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

3. Exact Rototilling

Factory spindle bolt is 1”.

1.25” is also pictured.

I use a 1.5” with all my blades...FWIW

IMG_20120311_201959.jpg

IMG_20120311_202515.jpg

4. Exact Rototilling

Who has a single center spindle or twin bolts?

If you have a two bolt spindle...... can you post a picture of it?

5. Wazzou

Wazzou LawnSite Member

Exact or Others:
    I see this post is over 4 years old...but can someone give me some suggestions about your experience with after market blades for your YBravo?

I have the first gen YBravo 21 that has never cut well since I bought it. It leaves stripes of uncut grass on most of my passes. I have to double cut my lawns nearly all of the time.

I would like to have a good blade for bagging and a good blade for mulching. I really want to mulch most of the time, if possible. I live in Western Colorado, where it is dry. I should be able to mulch more than I currently am. But, if the reality is that I am going to be stuck with mostly bagging with this mower, then I at least want to install a blade that will work well enough so I don't have to double cut.

I really like this mower and I want to believe that I can get top performance out of it. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
    Mike

6. txag

txag LawnSite Member
    from texas

Contact Leif Persson at 888.YBRAVO1 - you should not being having quality of cut issues with this mower. Leif can provide you some guidance on what may be occurring.

7. Wazzou

Wazzou LawnSite Member

I spoke with Brian at YBravo. He is sending me the slow down kit. I think it should take care of the low cut quality. I suspect the speed is too fast for the blade to keep up. I will post after I try it out.