YEAH! Just got my First 32" Exmark!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,
    First off, thanks for all the help that you've given me on this site. The advice and input is terrific on here from any range of topics!

And following the advice of many, I'm doing small residentials for now just starting out, and I picked up my first 32" Exmark Metro with the bagger! So far, I absolutly love it as I can get thru all the gates I've come across and the power and cut is fantastic. I used it for the first time yesterday just playing around and the speed is terrific.

Next thing to get is the Mulching Kit and a sulky/velke/pro-slide.. Any opinions on which one to get for a "small" 32" mower with a 12.5 Kawi' engine would be appreciated.

I THINK I heard someone say that the Mulching Kit is $500? Is that RIGHT???

Do any of you guys run doubles on a 32" Metro? If so, what blade type?

And how to do you space out the casters on the front wheel or under the blade. Right now, it's factory stock, with 2 above and 2 below on the blade and 2 above and 2 below on the front wheels. Do you guys change that around at all??

Thanks for any help or insight!
  2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I know that the mulch kit does NOT run $500. I would say more like $100 or so. I dont really know the exact cost because my dealer threw it in for free when I bought my Lazer, but especially for a 2 bladed unit, it just wont cost you that much. I have a one wheeled velky on my Metro HP 48"-I like it, but wish it didn't leave the tire track down the middle of the pass. I don't use that machine much anymore, the Lazer is just so much nicer. Still has its places in the business though.
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

glad to hear u bought it. i picked up two new lawns on friday, both with tiny gates, if i had a 36 instead of 32, i would have had to turn them down. u will love it
  4. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

Jungle Wheels will go great with that new mower. Congrats!!
  5. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Great you got you a new 32". I just got a new 36" Toro Proline last week and just won a two wheel velke for $212.50 on ebay. My mulch kit is on order and it was $129 and the dealer will put it on for nothing. So far I like the mower will have to get the hang of it.
  6. Doogiegh

So far it's terrific. I just have to keep practicing so that I don't make the divot marks whenever I do a 180 degree turn.. Gotta keep that inside wheel moving somehow someway..

Other than that, it's absolutly terrific.
  7. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I use doubles on my 36 metro, I use the stock notched airfoil on bottom and a gator blade on top.

(I havent figured out how to not make a divot on a 180 degree turn either!)
  8. Doogiegh

Well, it's been a solid 1 month later of use and here's a quick update.

I installed a pro-slide or dura-slide. It works absolutly terrific. Only thing I noticed is that if the grass is damp or moist, I have to take off s-l-o-w-ly from doing a u-turn. Otherwise the wheels spin and I leave what looks like skid marks behind. On dry dirt, it is fine. I know it's because I weight 180 and it's a 32" mower (small wheels), but on large properties in dry weather, it flys and does great, no problems at all.

Just picked up the Mulch kit from my dealer tonight. I'll probably give it a shot at installing it tommorow night, I'll see how it goes. I definatly want to try to convince as many of my customers as possible of how important it is to mulch, compared to bagging, which I have 3 customers right now who I bag every single freaking week.

Also installed a Tiny-Tach tonight. Mounted it right in the middle of the handlebars, so I can easily see RPM's as well as hours of operation. So far, it works great.

I noticed that the running rpms at are 3470 at full speed, without the blades engaged. Should I bother to raise that up to the 3600 limit or is 3470 high enough?

Just curious as to how much I'm gonna get out of an extra 3.5% or so of engine speed... Thanks

9. Exmark is a great mower. Sounds like your having fun
  10. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

i have a 32 husky with a proslide a little light on the front end but is just great