YEAR 2008-Gimme 2 BEST and 1 Worst???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, May 9, 2008.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I know we are living in some interesting times and I am sure that everyones list is large but what are your two best things about lawncare in 2008. Just 2 of the things you like the best.

Now to give negativity a less than equal voice what is the number 1 negative thing about lawncare that you see this year. I have a good idea of what most will be.

All in all I still love doing it for the good and the bad. What is on your list?
  2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Best 1. lawn restorations -dethatch and seed
    nice to see the difference in a restored healthy lawn
    2. New equipment is always fun to use
    Worst 1. TREE POLLEN ... ATCHOOOO!!
  3. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

BEST = 32" EXMARK WITH A 15 HORSE KAWASAKI :weightlifter:

BEST = REDMAX 7001 BLOWER :weightlifter:

GELAWNS LawnSite Member

Best - All the vacant houses still have to be mowed to look good while they are for sale. We have several cases of mowing the new house a customer bought and still mowing the old house that they can't sell.
    Worst - Residential homeowners paying late.
  5. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

1st: Finally being my own boss and not working for the MAN anymore.
    2nd: Being thankful for good health and happiness. I appreaciate all I have

Worst: That little rock that went up my nose yesterday for the string trimmer. I actully had tears coming out of my eyes. I'm such a little baby. :cry:

Sidenote, is it really crying if it is caused by a rock hitting you at bullet speeds?:confused:
  6. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

1st - Garbage housing market is forcing everyone to really spruce up their properties to get the edge.

2nd - High gas prices mean higher expenses, this means higher rates and more money for the established business. Also means the guys with less bankroll are choking.

Worst - Cheap customers listen to the news and feel they need to tighten up. This means they feel additional services are to be performed without any additional money owed, cause we all know times are tight and you need to hold on to what you have. LMAO