Year end customer surveys

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Dec 9, 2005.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to share something that might be of value to some.

I am conducting a year-end survey with my customers. This was relatively simple to do using Zoomerang. You can have up to 100 responses per survey with a free account. Yes free.

If you want to have a look at my survey, here is the link.

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB224U8STTERX

Feel free to steal any ideas you see fit.

2. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Good post Turf. I do not think I will do any surveys this year. But I am going thru & PROFILING my clients so I can market to people most likely to buy from me. Next year, widows & single females will be a big group for me to advertise to.

3. ThreeWide

My primary reason for doing the survey is to maintain a presence with the customers in lull of activity during Winter. This survey will help them recall how well the turf performed this past year.

As competitors will be bombarding them with quotes for 2006, this should reduce the churn rate.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think most of my clients don't use computers, but I have pondered the idea of having one printed. I sent a small one out in the fall for add on services. It definitely was worth the time taking.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

nice idea most of my customers still live under a rock and dont have a putter but thats ok i guess payper would work also

6. ThreeWide

I suppose it is the nature of this market in North Atlanta.

I'd say the most common demographic of my clients is early 40s in age, college educated, and very adept with computers.