year round contracts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpayne, Oct 18, 2008.

1. jpayne

jpayne LawnSite Member

i was just wondering if anyone one here lives in the southern states and does any year round contracts i just need a little help tryin to see how to go about it

2. Okiebug003

Okiebug003 LawnSite Member

We package ours with doing spring prep work, maintenance during the growing season, and then leaf removal during the winter months.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

winter and fall is one of the most profetable times of the year.... We do tons of color change, and Rye, and this is when I get my BEST prices on mulch......and such
    there is simply NO down time

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

don't do any year rounds. i just do them as needed thru the winter months.

5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

All of my commercial are on yearly contracts. They pay the same every month and this makes winter time one of my favorites.

6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'm jealous of you Southern guys.

I'm just trying to finish jobs before the ground freezes, and I have to turn around and get geared up for snow removal. I pray every winter that we have at least two snow falls, and I would like to see 6-8 good plows.

I would love to have landscaping maintenance contracts all year round. I can only push for winter printings, and a few random leaves and such in the winter.

7. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Majority of our commercial & residentials are 12 month contracts, during the fall we focus on leaves, 2nd seasonal mulching, hardscaping projects. Yes the southern States are blessed with a true 12 month income cycle, no snow is a big adavantage for us. I do have some church's who stop service in december, and start back up in March or April. I run some ZTR's all year long no rest.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We try to get landscape/irrigation installs in the winter to keep workers busy. Dont' anybody landscape up north in the winter?

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

When you have 2-3' of frost in the ground its a little tuff to dig