Year round payment for seasonal mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nemow, Mar 7, 2008.

1. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone offer payment plans for mowing say 31 weeks of mowing with 12 month billing? I ask a few older folks about it and the problem up here in the northeast is home heating fuel bills in the winter. Noone seems to want to pay for lawn mowing while snow is on the ground. Is this common place for year round billing? (I know some of you down south wise a"s will say you bill year round becuase you mow year round)

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

It's going to be a hard sell this coming year due to the economy most will be lucky to even get a customers to even be able to pay for any services

3. nemow

Thats what I was thinking. Thought maybe everyone did it this way. You would think fixed income older people would like to stretch out the payments. Damn $106 a barrel oil

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

As soon as there is no more mowing for the year people aren't going to want to pay. When people pay for something they want to see it being done, they don't want to pay and not see anything being done.

5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Only on commercial accounts and it's really the only way to go.

6. nemow

That was also brought up by some of the older folks I was discussing this with. I pointed out it would be post payment for services, that seemed to get some of them thinking.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Just be lucky to land new accounts this year or even keep the old ones. Its going to be a bumpy year but hang in there....

8. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Bingo...

Ultimately, in 'their' eyes.... they'd be paying for nothing.

9. nemow

Thanks guys. This seemed to be the general consensus.

10. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We do the 12 payments with a few comm. accounts it works nice ,during the winter you still have a few nice checks coming in