yearly contract pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kevhov, Dec 3, 2007.

1. kevhov

kevhov LawnSite Member

Just wondering what you guys charge per month for yearly contracts. I'm sure it will vary by location. I am new and am searching only these kind of accounts. I am going to include mowing, trimming, leaf cleanup, dethaching, shrub trimming, 4 fertilizations a year, light pruning. I am telling my customers I will be there every week doing something, even through the winter. Mulching is extra. Most lawns here are average 1/4 - 1/2 acre, so I am asking for comporable prices for these. What would you charge per month for this service.

2. B_gerrits

B_gerrits LawnSite Senior Member

The price that you can charge varies quite a bit from area to area you might trying getting one of your competitors to give you a quote on what they would charge. You also need to consider how much leaf cleaning you will have to do and what you are going to do with them as far as disposal. Your price may vary from property to property depending on how much shrubbery the property has and you had best spell out on your contract exactly what light pruning is(what pruning you include and what pruning you either don't do or charge extra for)

3. kevhov

kevhov LawnSite Member

I realize that there are a lot of variables. I'm just looking for some averages and then I can adjust accordingly.

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

On .25 to .5 acre lots, I generally charge about 350 per month for mowing, pruning, fall cleanups, and bed weed control. Mulching, seeding, fertilizer, aerate, turf weed control is extra. These accounts usually have a decent amount of bushes and hedges to maintain.

5. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

Just total the contract & break it down in to monthly payments. thats the easiest way

6. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

You need to listen very close after you devid all that you do by 12 you put a line in your contract that says never mind call me and I will tell you It saved me from beiing beat out of $3,000.00 by a hoa. 919-644-2004 Tom

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

what??? does anyone ever re-read their posts?

8. kevhov

kevhov LawnSite Member

$350/month seems awfully high. I was thinking more like $200 as an average. The fertilizing is what I'm having trouble calculating into the picture. If you do not include fertilizing in your monthly, how much would that add a year for 1/4 acre and how many times a year do you fertilize?

9. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

In the north I fertilize 5 times a year (one with crabgrass preventer, and 3 with spot spray for weed control) the fifth app is a stand alone winterizer to help the turf recover from the summer. 10,000 sq ft of turf would be about $300 per season or $60 per application. Onyl about $50-75 of this $300 is the fert and weed control materials the rest is what I call a site visit, it covers your travel time to the property and the time it takes to apply the fert and weed control. We aim for $45 per hour in labor and this fert and weed control program has yielded about $60 per hour including all of my travel time.

10. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I charge a monthly fee and here is how I do it.
    First I figure out how many times I will mow the property over the course of a year. Weeklys for me mean 35 visits on the following schedule: April-Sept weekly, Mar/Oct/Nov every other week as the grass has begun growing slowly. Finally Dec/Jan/Feb I visit once a month. That equals 35 visits. I then look at a yard and decide how much a single cut would be and then multiply that times 35 visits to get an annual total for mowing. For example a yard that costs 35.00 to cut multiplied by 35 visits would be 1225.00 per year. I then do the same thing with any other services you want to include. Dethatching once a year at 100.00. Fertilizing 6 times a year at 40.00 per fert equals 240.00. Pruning quarterly at 75.00 per prune equals 300.00 and so on until you get this.
    35 cuts-1225.00 per year
    1 Dethatch-100.00 per year
    1 Aerate-150.00 per year
    6 Ferts-240.00 per year
    4 Prunes-300.00 per year
    2 Leaf cleanups-300.00 per year
    Total annual cost = $2315.00
    Take your total and divide it by 12 months and you have your monthly fee.
    $2315.00 divided by 12 months = $192.92 per month

With this method you can easily add or subtract services depending what the customer wants and still figure out your monthly cost. It has worked well for me.