yearly estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Dec 11, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to a customer today and they want me to give them an estimate for the entire do yall make the customer pay in this situation? The whole year in advance or every six months. And also what months do you charge them for just mowing and which ones do you charge them for clean-ups
  2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Just set them up on a 12 month payment plan. Figure the final price and divide by 12 to get your monthly payment.
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually don't use the 12 month plan on my residential customers, but I agree it does make it easy. I usually just send them a bill once a month for all the services done.
  4. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

Figure out how many cuts you plan on doing or how many they want and then you can do a 12 month plan which is nice for income all year or charge them per month .
  5. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

do you guys work all twelve of those months....... when all the leaves are up what do you do
  6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

The actual work itself may only be for 6-8 months, but 12 month billing spreads the payments out to fit most people's budgets, and to give a little boost to your checking account over the winter.Also, you may find you can sell more services this way, as they have a regular payment like a credit card each month, and know what the bill will be each month.payup
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have only offered yearly pay twice, and both times it back fired on me. The estimate was given for the projected number of cuts for the year. Well, we had a wet summer so the customer wanted it cut more often, in which September rolled around he had already reached his limit on the price based on the projected cuts. So he still had 1 1/2 months left of mowing, which he felt that it should be covered since he paid fomr the yearly bill. I had to remind him that it was based on the number of cuts, not just the time period. Well, to make a long story short we moved on and went out seperate ways.
  8. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a stupid question but, you send them a bill for your monthly services.

How are you suppose to collect it after you send them the bill/invoice?

Is the customer suppose to send you a cheque via mail or meet up with you or call you and arrange a time to pick up the $$$
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

customers do two things with me: send me the check/credit card payment in the mail or phone in their payment via credit card over the phone.
  10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We do check, Visa/MC, and for slow / late payers, it's an EFT only through our bank.:D This way we get paid on time, every time which doesn't happen as often as I'd like..:rolleyes: