yearly gross per client

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1st impressions, Mar 22, 2001.

1. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

I was wondering what most of you gross on a yearly basis for each client. My average cut price is $30 and we cut for 30 weeks. I average an additional $300 a year in extra work.
    This $1200 per client does not include any misc. cuts or work for one timers. It is the average for my core clients. Does this seem too low or about right. My feeling is that it is too low.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

How much of the 1200 goes to overhead,how muchliving cost
    and whats left for capitol increase.T o me its makin a living,and anything else is the figure that determines progress .LUCK TO YA
  3. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I average about 1200 per account also
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

We are missing an important factor here guys! How much time is spent at that account! Yes that $1200/yr is good for a 1/4 acre 20 min job, but if your there upwards of an hour/visit, then the pie doesn't sound so sweet!

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I agree with Dixie1. It isn't the amount you gross on each job, it's what you put in the bank per job. The amount of gross per job depends on the size of the jobs too. If they are all tiny lawns, $1200 is good, if they are big, you get the picture.
  6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Of course it really matters in the size of the account but for the most part I am in the same ballpark as you.
  7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

look at it this way .....the $900 income per year for mowing....if each visit 1 man spent 30 minutes to perform the maintenance ....that is 15 hours in 30 visits fore 15 hours of work you recieved a $900 gross ( without any over-head issues, taxes etc.) ....the side work is the same much time spent to perform the work
  8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

my average for customer is about $1000 just for cutting per year.
  9. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

I average $1460 per account in the 6/7m sf range. $22 per cut for a total of 30 cuts each year. $150 for hedges (3 hrs). $300 for clean-up's. $250 for fertilization (4 applications + grub control). $100 for renovations.
  10. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Competetion must be rough in Owega NY. Seriously, I would not have stopped a truck for $22 for any size UNLESS there were at least 5 of them together.
    When I was in the maintenance end the average residential customer was 5kft and grossed $1300 in mowing alone.