Yearly Statements, to include full list or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MXHalofan, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MXHalofan

MXHalofan LawnSite Member

Hey guys, wanting to get some industry feedback on my idea to send customers a list of all the services and payments, thier account statement, for the entire previous year, as part of my correspondence this month. I'm also informing them that I'm interested in thier business again this year and thanking them for last years business.

My reasoning to send them this, is it may be rapore building, they can see that I keep track of all payments and charges, and can see their entire years outlays to me, and use this info on thier decisions to hire me this year, budget etc. Although, they get this info broken into months statements.

I think if I was a client, I would like to see the total years statement. I don't think I get one from any of my creditors like utilities etc. What do you guys think. Anyone who sends or has sent total years statements would be especially appreciated. Thanks Alot

2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think I would do that. With the way things are going now, Some one could say, "Wow I spend $xxx on lawn care?!" I'll have to cut back.

3. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

I would not give my coustomer any amo/facts to help him find a new LOCer.

Just thank him for all the years work.

4. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, residential customers Know what they pay weekly/monthly and are ok with it but when they see that $35 a week = $140 a month x 7 months = $987.00 for the season Now they see it's almost a Thousand dollars a summer and when they look for ways to cut expences guess where that cut will be First.

5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the above posts. I wouldn't send them anything like that. If you wanted to send them something to stay in their minds during the slow season you might consider a thank you note one month, and then a type of newsletter each month that lists services that you can perform to their lawn or property and include things that should be done at that time of year such as lime, pre-m, trim hedges, clean gutters- there are lots of things that you could put. You want them to think of WHAT they can pay you to do not HOW MUCH they have already paid you.

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

The only thing I send out, which I will be sending out in the next few weeks, is a letter informing them that I will be starting up mowing and services again in the early to mid March weather permitting. It also includes my list of services, what they are signed up for and pricing.