Yellow Book

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jbailey52, Mar 8, 2007.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone advertise with yellowbook....

This thread isnt about its effectivness or any of that...

its about the company itself. Is it just me or does anyone else have problems recieving invoices on time, then they charge you late fees, not to mention the people are miserable when you call the 800 number... not the mention the $3 a month BILLING CHARGE!!!!

Ok mr. Bailey your ad will be $xxx.xx a month for 12 months.. but they NEVER mentions that that are going to charge me another $36 a year just to SEND ME A BILL!!!

Wow could you imagine if I was able to charge 290 monthly customers a $3 BILLING CHARGE???? Ha wow... and all they say when you bring this up about how I was pissed, not for paying $36 but the fact my salesman never mentioned it...

Can someone spread some light on this? I understand its somewhere buried in the contract but I think its cheap, and shouldnt be allowed

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

If you pay in full you can save the billing charge or suck it up and chalk it up to "the price of doing business"

Chris

3. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHA I know.. well you can pay us all 3,000 now... or were gonna charge you more... WHY cant I do this to my customers? They would laugh at me.. I understand the reasoning behind it, but does anyone else feel like they get nickled and dimed? Ill tell you what, it will stop me from advertising with them next year.

4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

jbailey. Just started using them this year. Never once did the seductive girl that took me to lunch twice say anything about a $3 a month billing charge. Sh!T we already paid three months in advance why do they need to hit us with a billing charge? We will not advertise in there again.

5. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

I advertized in the Frontier book in my area last year....big mistake. I recieved a few calls from them...mainly just pointless leads that were just for the lowest price...other then that they messed up 2 of my ads, 1, they were suposed to be in color and they were in grayscale, 2, they entered my website in wrong, 3, there were a few spelling errors in the add. Personally I dont think I should pay, and I am currently battling with them to either refund me or Im just not going to pay the bill. If we were to install a walkway or retaining wall wrong we wouldnt get paid. So why should we pay a printing company when they have screwed up on us.....I have a feeling this is going to turn into a legal battle, but I am prepared for it. Personally I will never be advertizing in there again as of right now until The Berry Company, can fix what they have messed up and we can come to an agreement. Not going to let a bigger guy push me around just because im 20 years old. :weightlifter: Having the wrong website is the killer, it brings you to a totally differnt company. Fight against them and dont let them try and screw you over.

6. NewHorizon's Land

AMEN brother.

7. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Don't even get me started on Yellow Book. I've had nightmares with them. it started with them mispelling my company name. But I dont' even want to get into that, I'm giving them a second chance only because there my only choice until I can afford a bussiness line.

8. NewHorizon's Land

haybaler: did you recieve any good leads from them?

9. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Lucky b@st@rd I got A short fat guy and not even lunch. So far no complaints about the yellow book.They sent me a draft before it went in(no misspells or anything)

10. NewHorizon's Land

Mine was spelled correctly and everything the 3 months ahead I was fine with but then the $3 a month billing. And I havent recieved any calls. Not even a tire kicker