Yellow Dog Pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by YellowDogSVC, Feb 8, 2010.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

The power company is upgrading poles through part of our little ranch. I thought this drill looked cool. It's drilling 15' to set a 120', 19k lb. concrete power pole.
    Notice the little deere 322? I was jealous with it's traction. It's muddy as hell here!

IMG00012.jpg
    this looks like it's made from a pc 200?
    IMG00013.jpg
    drill shaking off dirt
    IMG00015.jpg
    a deere john on my property?
    DSCF0478-2.jpg
    Yellow Dog mulching at Home

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00013.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

DSCF0478-2.jpg

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

holy crap, yellow posting pics! :dizzy:

Ron will buy a Bobcat next!

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That is a mean auger.

4. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta be heavier than a 200... I'm guessing custom house with at least 300 carraige.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would say that has a 30 ton excavator undercarriage. Wish power pole holes were that easy around here. B.C. Hydro has to use dynamite to dig pole holes :laugh: takes a long time

Those concrete poles are very $$$$$ expensive a 120 footer has to be a easy 30 grand the wood poles that length are 10-15 grand.

6. YellowDogSVC

from TX

i'm going to try and get more pics but when I get home it's getting dark and it takes a while to get down back with the wet ground.

I have no idea what make that drill is but I saw the number 200 on the side just like it is lettered on a pc200 but who knows. it's a tall rig.

I think the auger is 6' -7' diameter...might be a little bigger. They had another drill head sitting on a flatbed truck and it was almost as wide as the flatbed.

7. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

8. YellowDogSVC

from TX

interesting. I'll get some more pics if I can catch them before they go to the next property. We are in the middle and they have to use our place as a staging area...Hopefully we can get some other pics.

9. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Gets some pics of the mud cause thats the driest looking wet ground I have ever seen

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! i was waiting for tht