1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yellow Jacket Taste Test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Critical Care, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I know why my fish don’t like them, they don’t taste good!

I was out building a horseshoe pit, had my soda can sitting on some lumber when I picked it up and took a swig out of it. Almost happened to me a couple weeks ago, but apparently I don’t learn. Got a rotten buzz bomb in my mouth, and they really don’t taste good - I kid you not. Needless to say, I spit the dude out, and he was madder than a hornet.

I have a welt on the inside of my lip today, but I basically walked away no worse than wear with only a slight feeling that someone gave me a shot of Novocain. From now on I cover my can.
  2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Glad to hear that you walked away from that with just a little "novocain" felling. That would have resulted in my having to use the sting kit. I hate the little guys.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the same thig happen once with a honey bee. When I spit him out, the stinger was still in my bottom lip. This one didn't taste very good either.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I sucked one up through a Mickey D's straw one time. They are the perfect size for a Yellow Jacket to climb into. I didn't catch it in time and swallowed the bugger. He stung me in the throat as he went down.
  5. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

When I was a kid I heard of someone dying from that. I don't know if it was an urban legend or not but I would always check my cans before I drank from it. I suppose someone allergic could potentially die. Glad you're ok.
  6. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

I hate the little bastards
  7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, did you kill it? Or is it going to have the opportunityto do it to somebody esle?
  8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I had my my hand clippers with me and snipped him in two. That will teach the bugger not to drink from my soda can anymore!
  9. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Drink diet coke, they wont touch that.
  10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

AND it's better for your pancreas!