Yellow jackets/ wasps

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rmmllc, Mar 11, 2008.

1. rmmllc

rmmllc LawnSite Member

Hey guys, newly licensed here. I am mostly doing lawns, but my dad asked about controlling yellow jackets and wasps. He gets them under his eaves and they bother the grandkids when we have a picnic. What can you use to spray them (chemical wise- I think my backpack sprayer will reach them)? I won't be doing this for other clients, just helping out my dad.

2. Hoots

Hoots LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Um, Raid? Wal-Mart lawn and garden, aerosol can?

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

rmmllc

Wasps & Yellow Jackets are social insects that can be controlled very easy with Termidor sprayed on the eves. However Wasp & Hornet aerosol spray cans are cheap fast way to solve the problem.

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Tempo Sc at lesco you can mix in backpack is labled for yellow jackets and hornets as I recall.

5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Tempo Sc at lesco you can mix in backpack is labled for yellow jackets and hornets as I recall.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I just remove the nest and run like hell!! Do this a few times and they get the idea!!

7. rmmllc

rmmllc LawnSite Member

You are a brave man. Call me a wimp, but I like to hide behind my chemicals. Maybe after I squirt I could remove the nest.

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Talstar + 1/2 oz gallon of nonionic surfactant usually does it for me. I would suggest the DIY wasp and hornet sprays if the can shot far enough. Otherwise I prefer to take my chances with an ARAG tree gun at 350PSI.

9. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

lesco/jdl sells wasp spray in aerosol shoots far and drops them in mid air

10. GreenCare Consulting

GreenCare Consulting LawnSite Member

Be sure to watch out for liablity issues and call backs if you plan on charging a client for this service.

GC