Yellow Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by crossboneracing, Feb 17, 2007.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing LawnSite Member

Hi I am asking a question for someone I know. They had last fall (early fall late summer) allot of yellow mushrooms in thier front yard. She said that the area gets plenty of sun and didnt think it was wet. I was just trying to see if anyone had heard of this or knows what it is and how to get rid of it. She said she has a shady part of the yard and they didnt grow there. Any ideas of what it is and if there is a fungicide or herbacide to remove these? The location is Massachusetts if it matters. Thanks guys!

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If the mushrooms are in a circle or half circle--that is fairy ring disease. Particularly if there is a dark green ring. Difficult to control--I think Prostar is registered for this.

If no rings, then just fungus growing on organic matter or thatch. This usually happens when a warm dry spell is followed by a good rain. Mushrooms are not a sign of excess water, (fungi do not do well under water.)

3. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

Usually a sign that lime is needed.