Yellow Pages Just Came OUt!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Jan 22, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Well the new yellow pages just came out with my new ad in it and it looks P I M P. Since this is my first year doing the yellow pages route, how soon can I expect calls to come in with it?

I know it is different for every region but for those that have had experiece with it do most people wait until it gets warmer or do many want spring cleanups done right away?

Just thought I would let yall know

Thanks for all the advice given to me in past posts as well
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

the new phonebook is here!! I'm somebody!!

CANS! More cans!! This guys must really hate cans!!

Sorry, had flashbacks from "The Jerk".

Good luck with your ad, hope you get tons of calls from it. What was the cost, if you don't mind me asking.

3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Navin: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Harry: Well I wish I could get so excited about nothing.

Navin: Nothing? Are you kidding?! Page 73, Johnson, Navin, R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name in print, that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

4. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Nest: $227 month/sm shaded box/3 lines +#/2 listings= lawn/landscape. 3 calls in since late Dec. One is a bobcat/skidsteer clearing job should fetch us at least 1/2 the ad cost by end of Jan.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

wow, your yellow pages come out late, we get ours in the middle of December.
  6. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Ours came out this week also. My ad is a little bigger than a businesscard with full color. $189 a month. That is with a new business incentive. 60% off regular price. Plus I waited till the last week to sing up. Ad should have been around $540 a month.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Come out in june or july down here.
  8. grasssin

I got a 1/3 of a page black and white which I think looks great, but is costing me $329 a month with the first time business deal. I believe I will make this back on just my commercial accounts that I have bid on which I am pretty sure I will get..

I like how our books came out in Jan because that runs perfectly for this upcoming season, thanks again for all the help
  9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you know which phone book to advertise in? Or are the yellow pages distributed to different phone book companies?

I've got 4 books for the same areas right now.
  10. grasssin

we only have one phone book for our town.