Yellow Pages V Web

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KParks, Dec 26, 2005.

1. KParks

KParks LawnSite Member

How important is it to have a company name at the top of the alphabet? What is the percentage of customers you get from the yellow pages and web?

Keith Parks
    Parks Lawn Maintenance

2. grasshawg

grasshawg LawnSite Member

Regarding your first question: I'd say not very. What's important, if you intend on using yellow pages, is an ad that stands out. Spend the extra $$$
    for a color box ad istead of just a text listing. Customers will notice it first. Plus you'll have a more professional appearance.
    Ragarding your second question: I have no idea!
    Good Luck!

3. Landscape25

Landscape25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have gotten about 15- 18 calls from the yellow pages since Oct.. I have a listing online and in the book but the one in the book is fairly small. I have read it works for some but not for me, yet anyway. Almost $3,000.00 for the year. None of the calls have resulted in jobs, I can't blame that on the advertising though. My ad is to plain maybe. I am in the C's. You may have to get a fancy ad for good results but it isn't in my budget.

4. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

AAAAA lawn care will be listed after AAAAAA lawn care. it's silly. then when you call it's " ray's lawn service". have a nice ad, try a small box ad, it doesn't have to be expensive. if it's a large book, people are most likely going to call the number that is in or close to the town they live in. if you are using your cell number, put your town's name in the ad.

internet is great. look at yardcrew.com. you pay per lead and the number of contractors are limited per area. i have spent about $800 with yardcrew this year and have gotten over $15,000 of work, most of which is landscaping, but some if mowing. if you have more question, just send me a message.

5. KParks

KParks LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback.