Yellow Pages. Went for it...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chris brauch, Dec 10, 2013.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Take a minute and read tonygreeks threads. This is what he does

2. chris brauch

chris brauch LawnSite Member

THANK YOU
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

yes, lots to learn from this guy when it comes to SEO.

4. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

Damn sure cant prove it to me. Have him explain the importance of SEO!! Without it....you wont be on page one. I too study advertising....i i will be the first to admit. . I am not getting all i can....but i am willing to try things. I am planning to cut back on my YP and put more into SEO and web presence. But.....as i say....it is what works for me and we will all see different results.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. inzane

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kil...TF-8#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=Killen+Al+population

google is off by about 79k mabee thats where all the illegals went. :drinkup:

6. GreenGuysLC

Lmao....i can promise you the illegals arent here...google russellville! They are there! Yoh gotta understand....killen has a very small "coorperate limit" but is centered in a county of 80k.....not to mention the next county 10 miles away with another 50k. The actual town limit may very well be 1000. The actual populayion of the community of killen is more like 10k. Yhe total reach of any local advertising is way over 80k. I dont know your area or reach...and dont expect you to know mine by a simple google search.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. inzane

ah, i hear ya.. I know the main city i rank well for is only 12k while farther out, much more. I was just being stupid. :laugh:

8. GreenGuysLC

Yeah...but ot was funny....especially knowing our border town....
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ok guys, we all know that or should know that the internet is the direction of most people's preferences when they are looking to make a purchase in these day's,but like I said most not all, so just to disregard one form of advertising like many of the prior posts say they do in my opinion is not smart business.Different things work for different guys so the only way to know what works for you is to try different methods and track your success, what works for you is what you focus on.The amount of money you spend can only be determined by you, you know your financial situation, and what direction you want your company to go in.Google add words works good for some, post cards, for others, door hangers?
    The answer is keep trying and find out what works for you.

10. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

Reading this thread I think I may have made a mistake doing a one year contract with YP. I went this way for the web presence I was promised, not the advertising through the book.

I'll give it a try since I prepaid the first two months. Anybody ever agreed to a contract with them and been able to get out of it?
    Posted via Mobile Device