1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

yellow pages

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cspaugh, Feb 28, 2008.

1. cspaugh

cspaugh LawnSite Member

Does anyone advertise in the yellow pages? What are the costs and do you see a good return. Just trying to figure how to best spend my $$$$..Thanks
  2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I was in it for about 10 yrs. No one picks up a yellow pages and makes 1 call. Most seem to be shoppers, but they are serious buyers. Now I just do a line add. Before I speant about $2k a yr.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i dont know how it is around you but the last yellow pages that came out here had to have over 250 landscapers in it....im not getting lost in that crowd for the amount of money they want
  4. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I did the yellowbook. i got 1 call from it for plowing. didnt pay for the ad thats for sure. so in the end it wasnt worth the money for me.
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

It really depends on the area your in. Smaller areas tend to have better yellow page advertising results than larger metro areas. I advertise in all are area phone books and receive a ton of calls throughout the year and the jobs I pick up from them pay my advertising cost many times over. I advertise in many different venues and when I receive a call I always ask where they got my number so I have a good idea where to spend advertising dollars and where not to spend. #1 Yellow pages #2 Word of mouth #3 Local paper #4 flyers, doorhangers #5 Store benches
  7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Yellowbook is such a joke. The per customer acquisition rate is like $170 for our industry. OUCH!...and that's if your ad is successful. Our local book seems to be doing well at around $3000 a year we get (2) 2 x 2's with color + the line listings.

I wouldn't get rid of it if that's the answer you're looking for?
  8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

waste of your money!!! dont do it!!!!!
  10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Id say postcards or some kind of mailers or doorhangers would yield more results than an ad in the phonebook...jmo