Yellow pages?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lamonicaslawnservice, May 2, 2008.

1. Does anyone have an ad in the yellow pages? Does It work? Do you get calls? How much do they usually cost and do you make the money back with jobs you get from the ad? Thanks everyone:)

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

ive got an ad its one of the first in the catagory it cost me about 200 a month and i do seem to get calls from it
  3. how big is the ad?
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The problem with a Yellow Page Ad is, you get calls from all over the place. If you are trying to set up a mowing business, you want a tight route.
  5. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

To many tire kickers
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

You get alot of calls, some good some not so good. It has been worth it for me. The cost is based on how many books go out in your area. You are in Myrtle Beach SC, so I would assume you will be paying a high rate. I am just guessing it has a high population, never been there.
  7. digsahole

digsahole LawnSite Member

I ran a ad in the yellow pages for a year a small ad it cost 25.00 a month not one call. they wanted to renew for next year they told me i needed to spend more money to get better results Ha Ha I get more work from the neihbors and word of mouth than any ad
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, yes, no, a lot, and probably.
  9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

We have run numerous ads in the yellow pages over the years, and the phone does ring. Its impotant to be on the the other end answering the phone, as you wouldnt believe how many don't. You do get alot of tire kickers and stupid calls. Beyond the smoke, we have landed some large accounts and numerous landscape construction jobs. Its important to screen and qualify all leads cuz if you dont you'll quickly realize you're wasting alot of time and money chasing tire kickers if you dont pre screen. Good luck and buy the biggest ad you can afford.
  10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Not worth it in my case $600 yr and have only gotten a few calls