1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

yellow pages?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jay albers, Apr 5, 2009.

1. jay albers

jay albers LawnSite Member

I use my cell phone # for my business. Is it worth it to get a land line to get in the yellow pages? Then I can forward the calls. Also ,should I take out a newspaper ad? I'v got flyers and door hangers,business cards and signs.Not getting many calls tho.It is still early here in the poconos tho. All suggestions welcome!

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

around here you can get in the yellowpages with a cell phone #, call them and find out. i would get listed but dont spend a whole lot of money on it.
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

shame on you, sending this poor sole to the yellowpages.

Leave those people alone, and they will leave you alone.
  4. jay albers

jay albers LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice guys
  5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a "remote call forwarding number" which will be a non-existitant line that forwards to your cell phone. That is what I do... my business line is 22-GREEN (224-7336) but it forwards to my cell phone just like you were calling my cell. I cannot tell if somebody is calling my cell phone or the business line because they both ring through to my cell. This is the phone number I put on all my advertising materials. It only costs like 30 per month, then if you ever get a land line for the business, you can make that phone number a land line.

I also like this option because if I sell the business later, I can still keep my regular cell phone number and then sell them the business number.