Yellow Pages

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by houston, May 6, 2004.

1. houston

houston LawnSite Member

I did a search in the irrigation forum for yellow pages and only came up with one thread but it did not help me.

Let's say you have relocated to a state 500 miles from your current location, and you want to startup your irrigation repair/maintenance business, would you use the yellow pages for advertising?

All input would be appreciated!

Thanks,

:help:

2. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

I think most of us will disaree. YP costs you tons of money for your ad to be hanging out with 100 more. I believe there is a small percentage of return.

I blieve greenworld once mentioned some of his succesfull marketing concepts.

FIrst thing I would do is locate a local irrigation association and the chamber of commerce. Get involved with the area and start spreading the word.

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I have a small add in the YP , it is good for those customers that need to look up your number , I hate paying the price , but over time it has paid off. If you cant find a business in the YP people think it doesnt exist .

If I were moving 500 miles away , and relocating, I would be spending some time reasearching the market and competition in the area, I would consider approaching contractors to see if they are selling? I would also be contacting all landscapers and grass cutters that dont do irrigation, Ask the distributors who is possibly for sale? Or take a season and work as a service tech for another contractor, this way you are getting paid to learn the area , communities and the quality of the systems installed.

4. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had a YP ad before. But I do not have one now I will get on next year just so peeps can find my number. Good luck