Yellow spots,

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by LawnsharkMB, Jun 27, 2012.

1. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

I'm seeing large areas of yellow spots in commercial and residential lawns all over Myrtle Beach. Anybody know exactly what this is from?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Where are these places? I'll take a look next week. We've had a lot of rain back a few weeks ago. Could be over watered/too little, too much fertilizer or a fungal problem. Another thing that I see is people who overseed in the winter with annual rye--could be it is just now dying out. Temps have been seasonal or just shy of them so far. So, I feel the weather pattern is not a problem. Down the coast, the mosquito patrol have been spraying but has never been a problem. You know this sand that we have to deal with brings up all sorts of strange and exotic problems. Let us know if you find the root of the problem.

3. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

The Farm in Carolina Forest. I just noticed it this morning. I looked at the leaf blades and they are completely yellow. Fertilizer was not put down in the areas where the spots are so I think that is the problem. It's also finally turning into summer and getting hot. I worked on a golf course for a while so I'm not used to maintaining grass that's not fertilized. What do you think? Grass is centipede and it is watered regularly but like you said soil is sandy and all these areas drain really well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Pictures, type of grass? and more info

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Come on, this one is easy. Clifford the big red dog is in Myrtle Beach.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

If it were a week after the 4th, I would go with that... Everyone in the carolina's takes off the 4th and goes to MB. BTW if you are there, go to peaches and grab a burger. Drooling now.