yellow weed killer from trugreen.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tbettis, Feb 5, 2010.

1. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

whats the name of the yellow weed killer that trugreen uses. well it comes out the hoses yellow. thats some good stuff and was wondering what it is because i dont want to renew contract and wanna start doing my own lawn. it kills the hell out of the poa annua during the transition period. thanks

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you going to be buying your products? If you go to Lesco they can help you with whatever you're trying to do.

3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Likely Tank mix of Pre-M ec and a Three way broadleaf herb tank mix with some fert.. As suggested ask your Local JDL.

P

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Or ask tru-brown...They have to tell you if it's applied to your lawn. lol

5. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

It should be stated on their invoice.

6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

The yellow color is likely from the pendimethalin or Pre-em, which is a pre-emergent, which means that it stops seeds from germinating. I don't care for it much myself, stains everything, stinks and doesn't last long enough.

7. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

I got a letter in mail today saying they want me back as a customer :laugh:

No thank you

8. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

If it's killing poa annua it is likely pre emerge and atrazine this time of the year.

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Bermuda lawns where you are I assume?

If it's killing poa, and your bermuda is dormant, they *may* be applying a mix of pre-em or barricade (both yellow) with Round-up. Round-up won't harm your dormant bermuda but it does a beautiful job of taking out the winter weeds like poa annua.

Also I agree, your invoice SHOULD have exactly what the tech is applying and the rate on it. That's the law...