Yellowpages.com

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by flawnguy, Dec 23, 2009.

1. flawnguy

flawnguy LawnSite Member

I gave up on the phone book years ago, but has anyone tried yellowpages.com?

2. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

It's a pathetic attempt to try to keep their phonebook advertisers. I know I wasted too much money with superpages.com. People in the know will google what they need. Yellow pages both digital and in print are not worth paying for. Take what they would charge and put it toward your website and SEO.

3. flawnguy

flawnguy LawnSite Member

Thank you. I had hoped it would send some potential clients to my site, but that money may be better spent elsewhere.
    Has anyone else used it?

4. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Yes we've used it. It sucks. They are a rip-off.

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I agree, they suck. After refusing to continue any listing with them, they harrassed me for over a year. Finally, I told the guy to go f### himself and to never call me again. It was the same guy over and over and over again, acting like he never talked to me before. I had talked to him at least once a week for months. He would not take no for an answer.

6. Panhead

Panhead LawnSite Member

I agree, its not worth it at all. Total waste of money.

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Total waste of money.....don't let them B.S. you with their sales tactics.

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

This is an odd predicament of time in history for advertising.

It's like some folks need several options, and none of them are that great.

Papers were great for me in the 1980s. But the newspaper last year proved nearly worthless.

Yellowpages is slowly corroding.

And the internet can be great, but its unpredictable.

You know what I really don't like about online "yellow pages"? With a book, you had 2 big entire pages open in front of you.

Online, you have just a few companies on one browser window, and who wants to bother scrolling. Or should I say, advancing from 1, to 2, to 3, to 4, etc.. Must be huge hurt for the company with a "T" or a "W" if they go alphabetical.

9. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree with all of the above except, Yellowpages is slowly corroding. In my market the Yellowpages has rusted completely away.

10. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with all of the comments above. I donĀ“t run a landscaping business, but for our insurance agency, we cancelled all of our yellow pages advertisements because the money is better spent in other places. More people search in Google than in the yellow pages these days.