yellowpages.com

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by goinggreen123, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

If you know what you want regarding SEO go to Odesk and hire someone with good reviews doing the service you are looking for at least 10 to 15 times.

2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I spent multiple thousands of dollars with yellow pages because I didn't want to believe my dad who tried them and said it didn't work, I tried a few different things they had to offer and overall the return was very poor, their marketing skills are poor at best. if you are bigger company and need write offs then waste some money with them, if you are smaller like most, and want or need results, do your own marketing with local papers, 98% of my business is from local papers, I did get some work through the door hangers I did with them but not worth the money I spent. I would probably just recommend not using them at all.

3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

So sad yet so true...

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

i have a free listing with one of the online yellow pages; it's worth what i pay for it.

i've had good luck with my seo company, i get one or two calls a week from organic search, and when my google adwords campaign is activated fall and spring, I get 4 or 5 calls a day.

i'd be happy to give you their url if you are interested.

disclosure statement: the owner is a lawn care customer of mine. i love it when he's home when we stop by, cuz he's real upbeat and a kick to talk to.

super knowledgeable about marketing, not just online stuff. he's been worth his weight in gold to me.

5. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

What are you paying your seo company, and what was Adwords costing per month?

6. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

I pay between $300 and $400 per month in the spring and fall, and my adwords spend was $842 in 2011 - I ran the campaign for 10 weeks or so in the fall and capped daily spending at $10. For that I got between $4000 and $5000 in new business. Can't remember the exact # now.

I was getting 4 or 5 calls a day, and converted about half of them into new accounts.

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Depending on strategy, SEO tends to result in a trailing impact, so if you are wanting to ramp up leads for Spring and Fall services, you want to be focusing your efforts during the Winter and Summer, with steady content production throughout the year.