1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yes, $5.00 sounds like a great price!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Aug 28, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Friday I showed up to mow a lawn for one of the few elderly widowed ladies I still mow. I mow the back lawn with a 21" Honda and it's the only lawn I mow with a push, therefore I must load up this mower every other week, yes I mow it bi-weekly.:rolleyes:

After cutting the front and getting ready for the back she said she was going to leave me a check and asked how much, I told here it would be the usual, why wouldn't it? She said everything is growing slow and there was not much to mow (her choice, she does not water), I shouldn't have to pay as much. I asked what did she have in mind?? How's $5.00? ARrrrggghhh...:angry: , no wait...:blob2:

I've tried to cooperate and do the 10 day schedule for her but that takes the cake. Oh, she also left me a note Friday saying not to mow where there is dirt (everywhere) because she swept the porch and didn't want it to get dusty again. I guess she thinks her broom does a better job that my RedMax?

The things we do for money..:cry:
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i know what u mean. just cant seem to get nasty with the old timers, especially women. i would probably have done the same thing
  3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Money Is The Root Of All Evil.

But, not in this case:)
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

She would be on her way out of my biz about right now.
  5. Tell her to spend the $5 on a new broom. Leave the lawncare to Kirby

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I honestly would rather the person give me nothing than give me 5 bucks :D It may be time to move on here Ray, this one is lost in time. I've seen it before :D
  7. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Ask her if she has any grandsons.......they may do it for 5.00!!I think at one time or another we have all run across this.good luck Ray.
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

your pet huh kirby. the only others that ever get away with that stuff is my 13 yr old daughter.to her im just supposed to make everything alright and shell thank me later. great kid tho.
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It should be double price when it's dry Ray. I hate eating dust and it sure isn't good for the equipment running them in all that dust. It costs over $5.00 to fill up my 2.5 gallon mix can. :mad:
  10. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

hey kirby the old folks can be hard to work with sometimes. I had one lady that could never remember my hourly rate from one year to the next,and many times when i would show up she would look at me for awhile before knew who i was and i had been cutting for 8 years already

BTW kirby do you still use a inclosed trailer if so how does it do compared to a open model?