YES! Lowball Dealers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Feb 1, 2007.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I set out to buy a ATV for my ranch and I found one I wanted, It costs $9,000.00 new and I want a new one. I said thats what they cost thats what I will have to pay. I will think about it for a few days. Then later that night I find the same thing new for $6,000.00 So I call the more expensive guy to see if he will match or beat the less expensive guy. "He's an hour closer to where I live" I'm not half way through asking him that question and he says "No way I'm I going to sell it that cheap!" So I bought it from the other guy. I saved $3,000.00 dollars for the same new ATV!:cool2: Was I wrong for going with the lowballer?:rolleyes:
  2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

The guy who sold it to you for 6K STILL made $.

The other guy was attempting to price gouge.

No parallel here to a lowballer, who prices only to get the job and make little to no profit or even LOSE money.
  3. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I would have done the same thing.......just a lil' faster then you...LOL:laugh:
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They are retail.

We are service.

Congrats on your savings there.
    You got exactly the same thing for $3,000 less and I see nothing wrong with that.
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

In reality you got a good deal. in spirit it will take longer to get your fourwheeler back if it breaks down and you take it to the other guy for waranty work.

This in itself is not a big deal, but when it is your lifes living such as saving a few bucks on a blower or mower in the end will cost you more then the few dollers saved.

I think you got a good deal. 2/3 the price of the other guy I don't see how being that overpriced he can sell 4 wheelers. Just like a car lot. don't make a huge profit on selling the cars but a bundle on fixing them.
  6. jimmy4321

jimmy4321 LawnSite Member
    from BC

$3000 on that size a purchase is too much to ignore,it's an insult.If he can't do better than that to make a buck ....................well his problems aren't your problems.

I will pay more for service if I know it will be done right and efficiently but it's RETAIL:nono: ,It would be like a BIG tip for printing you an invoice.