Yes or No to a Slogan

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GravelyGuy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I am getting ready to have my logo designed and I can't decide whether I want to include a slogan or not. Most slogans are just corny and they take away from the business image IMO. If I include one I want it to be short and sweet with a professional tone. My biz name is Green Care.

Do you bigger operations think that a slogan is important?

Thanks...

2. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

I have one

"We sweat while you get fat".

Truth in advertising. Ain't it a charmer?

3. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

I'm not one for slogans personally..I think most of the times there not needed..Or maby I've just notice all the bad ones..So far my favorite Ive seen has been "We cut everything but corners"..My uncle uses a guy who's slogan is"We speak English".. haha

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Vintage Lawn Care "Service The Way It Used To Be" thats my slogan and i think it goes pretty good with my name and my company concept. I think a slogan is good to have if it describes your vision as a company but it cant be something cartoonish if you know what i mean.

5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

A slogan for your company could be something as simple but meaningful as GREEN CARE..."ARE YOU GREEN" sweet and to the point and making people ask themselves if their lawn is as nice as it could be? short and to the point gets attention,just think of these and youll know right away how powerfull a slogan can be..."just do it" ..."got milk"

6. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

Because lawns were meant to be enjoyed.

is my companys

Its simple and states a mission of mine

to provide people with outdoor spaces they can enjoy

alot of the corny ones would appeal to everyone

just my .02

Nate

7. Fahzu

Fahzu LawnSite Member

I'm not a big operation, but I am a consumer. And I think a slogan has to fit the business and the customers that it targets. Vintage's logo works (IMO) because it fits his product and the service he is providing. His logo shows an 'olde time' lawn guy with a supposed 'olde time service culture'. Coming up with a tag line just because you want one seems unnecessary to me. If you have a good slogan that fits your Company name use it. Otherwise, I don't think i would scramble to come up with one.

8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have mine printed on my shirts...but it is "We suck less".

(kidding)

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

If you can come up with something really clever or that you really like, than use one. However if you are going to just settle on one just to have a slogan than I wouldn't use one. Like you said it can actually take away from your business name in some situations. I haven't seen very many big companies with slogans.

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, I have a slogan, But like you I think it's kind of corney.

the Co's name is KING LAWN CARE...

I have a crown and under it it says " We treat you like a king "