Yes or no

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Nov 21, 2003.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Would you leave a property looking like this after a weekly cutting in the fall?

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I would of blowen off the curb and cut it a little shorter, oh yeah and picked up the rest of the rest of the leaves
  3. SCFF

SCFF LawnSite Member

No..... but it does get aggrivating when the leaves are still falling as fast as I can mulch them up.
  4. it depends. the way it is in the picture yes......i see the trees are almost bare and not a ton of leaves back on the ground..with my ztr it would take about 4 minutes to go back over that a finale the other situation ..if those trees were full and the leaves were falling back rapidly no .when the leaves are falling fast and you do the front get it clean as a whiste. Then you go and do the back , and come back out and see the front looks like it aint ever been that situation they wait until the next week.
  5. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever finished a lawn and driven back by only to see more leaves? It's all about wind.

A few leaves don't bother me or my customers...
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

jodi, it depends. is the customer paying for leaf cleanup? or just a final cut? are they falling or is it windy and as fast as you're picking them up, they are comming back? you see this becomes a touchy issue, because there are just too many people who want, "a last grasscut", but dont want to pay for leaves, so, it depends, what was the agreement between business operator, and client?
  7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Clean up the dirt and grass on the curb, cut in a nice edge to greatly improve the curb appeal.

Leaves can wait til next week.

Direct answer. No..I would have already done the curb. Leaves..Yes

I can't see the curb that well in the photo------- looks like a curb.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I can't tell that much for the pic. I would have definetly taken care of that dead tree limb hanging down.
  9. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

I would have cleaned up the curb, but left the leaves in the yard. They probably just fell after the cut was done. We've had many this year that had leaves down after we were done with the cut. You have to walk away sometime.
  10. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

If it were the last cut, yes I would leave it, as for the leaves, after the initial fall cleanup they would be there till spring cleanup.