Yet another BP Blower Thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Mar 19, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

possibly going with a new bp blower. i've decided on three options:

echo pb-620
    stihl br-380
    stihl br-420

what are your opinions related to those specific blowers?

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

is price a factor? my mentality is always buy bigger, if you get the top of the line blowers, br 600, ebz 8000, 8510, pb755 etc.. you know you'll always have enough blower. when your moving big piles and you go "man i wish i would've have gotten a bigger one" that sucks!

other than price differences, i dont understand why there are so many models being offered. my br600 weighs less than my husq. 145bt and definitely outblows it. so why would i even pull the 145 off the trailer?? we are prolly gonna get another br600 this season.

3. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Very true, the top line blowers are really not that much more anyway. At some point you will be glad you spent a little extra. I would add Redmax to that list also.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I love my Stihl Br600, were thinking about maybe getting another... really powerful and not anywhere near as heavy as the comparable blowers. JMO

5. PTSolutions

from OH

i did, isnt the ebz 8000 redmax's?

oops, you werent talking to me, sorry!

6. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

I have three BR600's. They are great. Lots of power and light in weight. Take the exhaust screen out as soon as you get one though. save you maintenance in the long run!:walking:

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

From your list, BR620 is the biggest. But I would still get a bigger one. BR755 is good, Redmax 8001, you ever look at Robin/Dolmar big 4 cycle BP? 75.6cc. Not heavy.

8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

im not sure if they have Robin/Dolmar in this area

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Yep, that is the down side, no dealer!!!! But look at the spec, can beat the big Shindaiwa EB8510!!!!

For Blower, it is pretty simple, hopefully don't need service as much so mail order is not as bad. Don't know!!!:waving:

10. PTSolutions

from OH

not trying to sound like a stihl fanboy here. but i went to my dealers open house and they had a blower testing rig set up.

they started all the big name blowers: br600, shin 8510, redmax 8001, echo pb755 and let them warm up for 5 minutes.

they had a test sled set up on a track that was on a slight incline. on this sled they had some bricks. the sled had a flat face on it where the blower would blow onto. the tube of the blower was secured to a rack so that all blowers were at the same level and distance from the sled. at the end of the track was a contact switch hooked up to a light so that when the sled hit the contactor at the end of the track the light would go on signalling that it moved the sled the full distance. one by one they tested each blower and each blower had 2 chances to push the sled. the only two blowers to push the sled all the way to the switch were the br600 and shin 8510. the 8510 didnt push the sled all the way the first time, but on the second time it made it but took awhile. the br600 pushed the sled all the way each time and alot faster than the shindy did.