Yet another "Help me decide on a new mower" thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We are looking to sell or trade in our Cub Tank M48 and get a new 60" ZTR this spring. Let me start out listing mowers that I WILL NOT even consider.

1. Hustler
    2. Dixie Chopper
    3. Lazer AKA Triton deck
    4. Ferris
    5. Dixon
    6. Simplicity

Now with that said I would love to hear some feedback on what you guys feel is best out of this list.

1. Toro
    2. Gravely
    3. Bobcat
    4. Lesco/Cub
    5. Wright
    6. Am i missing anything else?

None of the dealers in my area will let you demo a machine so I am hoping some of you guys with real world experiance with the machines I have listed would chime in with your pros and cons.

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey what about my mower...EXMARK LAZER Z :cry: OH AND YOU ARE MISSING..SCAGG,

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Why are you selling the cub and going with another brand? I'd say put ferris and hustler on your buying list and take off gravely, cub/lesco but thats just around here.

4. ProStreetCamaro

I love the lazer we own but its an older TriVantage and I dont want anything to do with a Triton deck to be honest.

5. ProStreetCamaro

We are selling it simply because we want a bigger mower. I very well may get another one but bigger. We havent had any problems with it really. When it comes to mowers im not brand loyal some some people are. As far as Gravely go they are actually top on my list because I have owned a bunch of them and every single one has cut great and lasted a long time.

Right now it is just a tough decisuion on what to go with because I really like all the ones I have listed. :cry:

6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the rep of the respected companys and say you want to demo. Tell them I dony but until I demo. At the demo you write down what you like and what you dont. Then make your choice. If you dont demo dont but. These mowers are to exspensive to just buy.

7. ProStreetCamaro

You think a rep would set me up with a demo to try? I will have to make some calls and see if I can set up some demos this spring. The dealers here are no help at all. :dizzy:

8. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

This winter I have had the oppurtunity to demo a few mowers. Scag,Hustler,Deere,Exmark,And Badboy. I will be purchasing the Scag 61 29 dfi Turf Tiger in the spring. After looking at the mowers listed I feel that the Scag is a better machine. The Scag offers quality components, low center of gravity, a very good warranty and also is drive shaft driven unlike the other mowers listed. If your dealer has more than one of these mowers put them side by side and you will see why the Scag is superior. The Exmark as we all know is an excellent machine as well. Hustler and Deere would be next with the Badboy coming in a distant last. I have demoed all of them for you go and do yourself a favor and get the Scag, you won't regret it ! They are "simply the best" mower you can buy. :weightlifter:

9. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

If your dealers won't let you demo a unit the ONLY choice you then have is to purchase a Scag Turf Tiger and then you will know you bought the BEST. The Best in operation and the Best in Service Tech Support when and if ever needed. We have 2 units and very very little service problems. However when you do have a Question ??? The Super Techs at Scag are there with a 200% correct answer on there product. :usflag:SCAG TURF TIGER :usflag: You can go to www.scag.com and locate the dealer nearest you. Also the pricing is sometimes very different between dealers. :confused:We check our pricing thruout the area.:walking:

10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

To not demo would be unacceptable. Start phoning the manufacturer or distributor.