yet another question about the pro-slide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Mar 13, 2001.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering how the pro-slide handles turns? It looks like it would dig into the ground when you turn around. Do you have to hop off at the end of each row?
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

it slides ;) literally

actually the edges are beveled so it does not dig if you wear the plate too low then diggin in will happen from the metal backer. I use mine behind a hydro and do zero turns without getting off with no ill effects...with a belt it may be different
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

For 180 turns at the end of a row you step off turn and step down. I can almost do it as fast as my Walker can turn. The thing is great. Good Luck.
  4. Patfo

Patfo LawnSite Member

I have a 36in. 14HP belt drive and thinking about the Pro Slide. Do you need to step off when making 180 degree turns with the belt drive? If not whats the reason for stepping off on the turns? Thanks!
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Wait a minute Ed. This is the first post I've read that mentions this. Is this right? I'd have to step off and back on at the end of EVERY row/stripe??

I hope this is wrong. I'm already having a hard time convincing myself to spend $350 for a stupid metal platform, but if I have to keep steeping off and on this thing, forget it.
    Am I reading your post correctly?
  6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Can someone please clarify this.....I might make a purchase myself, and sure don't want to hop off on turns.
  7. dogdad4

dogdad4 LawnSite Member
    from La

I have had a pro slide for about 4 years and wouldn't have anything else. I do not have to get off of the slide on any turns. But, when backing up, you will have to step off and then get back on when going foreward again. I use this on a Gravely Pro 300 hydro 50" mower.
  8. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Will the proslide work well on belt drive walkbehinds tooo?

BRIAN FOLEY LawnSite Member
    from ERIE,PA

If you have a Toro go with the tru trak by Toro it works great. Brian

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

I can stay on mine in turns and it does great. You are fixing to get ripped at 350.00. I just bought one for $239.00 from my local dealer last week.