1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yet another update on teenagers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gvlawncare, Sep 16, 2003.

1. gvlawncare

gvlawncare LawnSite Member

I post here periodically, but came across a couple of posts that made me laugh so hard, I almost fell off of my chair. This is in regard to the teenagers in business posts that are about a month old.

You you guys remember "Quality Landscaping" and how he is 16 years old, has 128 accounts, so on and so forth? Well. I know Steve quite well, and his posts are severely exaggerated. I have only found a few truths in his posts. These are: Yes he is very hard working. Yes he does own a Ford Splash.

The rest of it.....hogwash. As far as this low income, crime ridden neighborhood......If you consider a small village with the lowest crime rate per capita in suburban rochester, where the mean income is 70k per year crime ridden, i'd like to know what you call the inner-city. Lived there since you were 4 yrs old? Impossible. He is 16 yrs old, and the "neighborhood" he is referring to was built 8 years ago. You do the math. He is 16 yrs old.

That list of equipment?? That is why I almost fell onto the floor laughing. You are kidding right? Must be. You are one of the 10 biggest LCO's in Rochester? Where did you dream that up?

For you folks that were questioning Steve about his illegitimate posts, you hit the nail right on the head. Lets see a pic of ALL of your equipment in one frame, not one here and one there, during different seasons.

Am I jealous you ask? Absolutely not. Steve is a very hard working person, and yes he is a go-getter. One other suggestion, try coming up with some original advertising, instead of copying everyone else's word for word. Come on give me a break................I will not get into all of the other exaggerations that have been posted, but I would take what he posts with a grain of salt.
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, and there's another teenager who questions our teaching "newbies" how to do this work. Whatever. All posts here should be taken with a grain of salt. Including mine.