YETI coolers anybody use??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KnK, Apr 7, 2013.

1. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

Was wondering if they are as good as the price ?

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i've seen one before a friend had. i guess they are pretty good. probably the best made.

i have a 5 day cooler made by coleman. i don't even know if they make those anymore.

3. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I have one I use. I will never buy another cooler. I have two of the medium size I think around 32q and I keep a small one that has a aluminum carry handle on it with me all the time and in the bed of the truck or in the in closed. I put two bags of ice in it and normally don't have to add much if any over a 7 days period. I have a very good connection here but even if I did not I would pay full price for them no question asked.

4. southerLandscapeMgt

southerLandscapeMgt LawnSite Member

i have 2 of them worth every dollar spent.

5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I second this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

To much money to get beat around in the back of my truck..

They maybe nice coolers but I can buy a lot of ice for $400.. And not cry when my cooler gets a shovel bounced off of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I'm pretty dang sure if a bear rolling one of these coolers around doesn't hurt it a dang shovel ain't going to either. They are bear proof and they advertise that and have footage to back it up. They are nice coolers and well worth the price and they DO TAKE A BEATING!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I looked them over at Academy Sports yesterday. Very well made but extremely heavy weight wise. Because the inside walls are so thick, one might have to get a bigger model to accommodate a large crew.

The "price" is the biggest turn off. If somebody gave me a free one, I'd take it but no way would I shell out hundred's of dollars for a cooler:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...l&N=0&storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051

I use this one instead:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...51_25793_-1__?N=812064611&Ntt=coolers&Ntk=All

Igloo MaxCold® 70 qt. Cooler $39.99

9. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

i have an old rubbermaid 5 gallon stand up cooler. it works just fine. I gotta put ice in it every other day or every day, but its fine. i dont want to have to worry about chaining and locking a cooler to my truck because its so expensive.

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I know they'll take it...but it's like driving a new truck as a work truck, you're gonna cry when it gets scratched and beat up. Where as I am not as concerned when my old 350 gets beat on..
    Same theory..
    Posted via Mobile Device