Yew and chain vs skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 94gt331, Jul 20, 2014.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

They deffinatly were 70- 80's plants even older, arbs and yews, cheypress, rodendron, azalea's, iris. We ripped out alot of outdated plant materials and yews are mostly on the top of the list for old school landscaping. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate those plants and alot of times they have a nice natural look to the landscape but yes old school all the way. Good point on the box woods, will see in 25 years, haha.

2. 94gt331

Male

I dropped the machine at my dealer today on the way back to the shop, wish me luck, hopefully it doesn't cost me this weeks paycheck haha. I have a 2 year warranty but not sure if that will be covered since they might consider it a wear or tear part or figure abuse. While I was at it I dropped my trailor off for 4 new tires as well, last week we put a new carrier bearing on and 2 u joints on my dually and a new ignition in my 2500, when it rains it pours. Oh well got to pay to play.

3. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has more to do with operator abuse then Deere product...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'm on my phone, but they look like junipers to me.

That or extremely maintained junipers.

Posted via Mobile Device

5. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

If it is not a warranty item I would try to find a hydraulic shop. I have had several rods re-built for me. That would be a $500 repair including new packing, if you pulled the cylinder your self
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 94gt331

Male

I agree with you, we abused the machine today, learned our lesson.

7. 94gt331

Male

I will disagree with anyone who says other, they are yews.

8. 94gt331

Male

Thankyou! I was told about the same from my buddy who broke his.

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

First pic with the machine in it might quite possibly be a juniper. Every other bush that is ever green you posted was a yew.

I'm getting my damn bushes mixed up. pfffffffffffffffffffffftt.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The seals in that cylinder should implode long before the shaft snaps in half. Id almost bet that the chain was tied to the cylinder, or slipped off what it was tided to and on to the cylinder.

As far as that Yew it should have been dug out by hand, and the roots wrapped in burlap and SOLD.