Yikes!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Idealtim, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

What has been your biggest fuel bill for one stop at a gas station? My personal best has been set this week at $166.72 for a whopping 58.5 gallons. Probly doesn't sound like a lot to some of you big guys that have 4 or 5 mowers on a trailer alone, but you have to remember that I am solo and only run a rider and a wb. That 58.5gal went into both tanks on the truck, filled the empty wb, filled the empty rider, and filled two 5 gal cans and two 2.5 gal cans for mix. Probly one of the most expensive stops for me this year just because everything was bone dry when I stopped. I usually don't run things dry, but the equip just got dewinterized, and the truck just was very low anyways. So how much have you spent at a single stop?

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

never understood why some people have so many gas cans. do you think you could burn all that gas in one day?

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I use gas cans so that I don't really have to stop and get gas but once every 2-3 weeks.

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we had two pumps going...1 for the jeep,1 for the boat...combined was in the $180 range

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

why not just get a tank in the back of the truck then. the other day i saw a guy that had over 10 gas cans in the basket on the front of trailer.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

$98 bucks today,mowed 12 properties 2 take almost 4 hours.

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

most of those transfer tanks legally wont take gasoline...and if they did i wouldn't want to pump it with some of those old pumps and shotty wiring

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

What brand of fuel stabilizer are you using?

9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I never consittered 4 ALOT of gas cans. Once I get some money to kick around, I'll probly buy two of those 15 gallon fuel stations and put them on the trailer rack. One for mix, one regular. I don't like to go to the gas station more times than I should have to, and carrying what I carry by the time the cans are empty, it's about time for the truck to be filled again. I don't know about 2-3 weeks, but more than a week.

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Fuel stabilizier? Hell, I don't even use stabilizer over the winter in anything and haven't ever had a problem. Don't see how I could even begin to need it for keeping fuel just 2 weeks...