1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Jun 15, 2000.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

We got a little rain down south today and I have to give thanks to the MAN! I thought he had forgotten about us but I found out today that he didn't. We actually got about 3 1/2hrs of light soaking rain which is what we needed. Tomorrow we have another 50-60% chance, I don't mind staying at home because of it either.<p>Charles and the rest of those needing rain, I hope you get some of this real soon if not already, it ain't been fun.<p>Homer
  2. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

Homer,<p>Glad to hear it!!!!! We had rain for about 2 weeks here. They say it still didn't break the drought but it did some good on the fires up north. I am finally cutting more grass these days!!!!! Hope you keep it around for a while that should help you.<p>Adam:)
  3. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

We got rain in NC also.<br>I hope the whole S.E. gets a bunch.<p>If a chopper gets wet and washes the paint off, Is it dixon Blue.
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Thats great Homer! No rain here yet. But it looks promising. We need a week of it to get things back growing. The sky looks threatening out there now at 9:14pm
  5. DLC

DLC LawnSite Member

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Glad to hear you got some of the wet stuff; it's been raining on & off all week here in Ohio, & Wed. route was cut short by mondo T-storms (again). Supposed to rain on & off until Sunday. Good luck<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn Nut wrote:<p>{If a chopper gets wet and washes the paint off, Is it dixon Blue.}<p>I'm afraid not! It's The Landscaper orange :) <br> <p>
  8. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We got a little here in KY but we sure need more...Put a tree in the ground for a client last week,hole was 20 inches deep...a bear to dig and dry as a bone.From what I hear the folks in up-state NY would love to send down some of their wetness.<p>----------<br>John <br>
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Wohoo! had a good rain finally last night after 2 months. But i am not getting too excited. Because we need a good week of it. They are trying to get emergency relief for farmers
  10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lawn Nut, They don't paint the stainless steel on Choppers. Even my battery holder is stainless steel. I've heard they only do this on good mowers. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence