1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 22, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Got one more fall clean up done today, and I did an estimate for either a fall clean up (if I can get to it this year) or spring clean up.

It was cold today. Windy and light flurries. I saw two other LCO's out today working as well, so I am glad that I wasn't the only stupid one.
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I was out working today as well. Only have 1 more clean-up to go!
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

We had 20-30mph winds today and I stayed home, I wasnt gonna chase them leaves all over the yard. Hope to get out wed morn and get on it hard, If i can get 2 tom then Im taking of thurs. If not I got 3 left and im gonna try to finish this week. I dont think this weather is gonna hold very long. About 50 miles from me got white with snow today and we very seldom see any snow before Jan 1 here
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It ain't stupid if you're keeping food on the table, but yes, it's getting cold and windy here as well..............
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

It was windy and rained off and on here today. We were removing sod for a new bed install tomorrow, and as soon as we quit for the day, it got really cold. I think we have around 2" of snow now, but we'll blow it out of the beds tomorrow to get our trees and shrubs in. We still have 3 weeks or so of work , so I can't waste any daylight. At least this puts a hold on cleanups until Friday or so when the snow melts off again.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Man, I wish that I didn't see any snow until Jan.
  7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

We had some wind today on lake erie

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Man I wish I had mine done, but I don't even start until all the leaves have fallen, which should be another week or two.