Yodle?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a call from a company called yodle that I guess helps websites get found on google and that stuff has anybody heard of them or use them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

Scam. They always call.

3. scott martoccia

scott martoccia LawnSite Member

We have been using them for about a year. Does generate calls but most of them are other companies trying to sell us business services.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Yeah, they called me too. I sent about a half hour with them and didn't by into it. I didn't like the fact that I'd be paying for a service 12 months out of the year when I have a company is only about a 9 month a year. Call me cheap but I seen no reason to pay like 137 a month when I won't have any return on it.

5. scott martoccia

scott martoccia LawnSite Member

We will be changing to another service when contract is up. Thinking about Adwords. I found out you could adjust your budget on a monthly or even hourly basis according to when you need leads. For our business we would use 2/3 of our budget in April-June.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

If you have time to kill, learn as much as you can about Adwords various campaign configurations, the very tight, granular controls that you now have, and how to best write ad copy for a limited ad space. The last year has really changed the power you have, which really helps stretch your budget.

Also, understand the differences between Adwords and Adwords Express...and then never look at Express again. lol

7. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

First it was a 6month contract for 99 a month or month to month for 170 and I told her I couldn't afford it and she said she could drop it 50 a months
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Yeah, I had the same sales pitch. I even had a manager come to the phone. They had a hard time taking no for an answer.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i got a call just now from yodle. the guy was really pushy. saying $149 a month and some deal where you could get it for $99 a month if you paid alot upfront and then he came down to $129 a month. i was telling him i don't really have the extra money to pay that much more a month right now and i'll call him if i change my mind later down the road. he just kept insisting and going on i finally just hung up the phone on him. $149 a month is as much as a mower payment. i'm not gonna spend that much. i get free advertising in google searches as it is already.

10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

If anyone actually uses Yodle, please shoot me a PM. I'd like to pick through their work and see what they've actually accomplished and if you have a baseline benchmark of before working with them, even better. Their sales call tactics alone were always an instant hang-up from me. I haven't heard from them in 2 years or so. I recall they really liked to walk the ambiguity line when they'd say they were "with Google".