York Sheet Metal products

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by accuratelawn, Dec 6, 2001.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed that the stripping roller will be an option at the dealer. Will the OCDC director be an option also?Thanks Jeff

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jeff,

At this time the OCDC will not be available through Exmark as an option or accessory.

As a manufacturer we feel we must take certain precautions in regards to operator safety as well as the safety of bystanders. These precautions include complying with ANSI standards. Until such a product has been determined to meet these standards I don't believe we would offer it as an Exmark product or endorse it as an aftermarket or allied attachment.

Thank you

Terry

3. casey

casey Guest

Doesn't the Chopper OCDC comply with ANSI standards?
    This would be a useful option on WB's as well if you could devise one that would comply with your safety concerns.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Casey,

I agree that the demand for such a product is there, however the key is meeting basic safety concerns or requirements. We have discussed this type of accessory with engineering however I am uncertain as to where it lies on the "to do" list of topics they are investigating.

In regards to current OCDC's on the market, each manufacturer has the option of complying or not complying. Each manufacturer also bears the responsibility to either perform the proper testing or utilize an outside source for testing. You would need to contact the manufacturer to determine if they do or do not comply with the ANSI standards in question.

Thank you

Terry