York sheet metal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot, Nov 11, 2002.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Who has dealt with them? I have read good things here. I am interested in the director and emailed them with questions a week ago. I have not heard anything, just wanted to get opinions on them. Thanks

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Dont EMAIL them, CALL them!

For some reason, email and that company aren't up to snuff.

Calling works 100% of the time, and even their secretary knows all the specifics.

3. chariot

Do you have a 1-800 number? That is one of the things I was emailing them about. Not necessary, but would be nice. Thanks

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, no 1-800 # , just the 717 # is all I have. Use you cell phone maybe? I have all kinds of minutes free, and Long distance is all free. (Just a thought)

The few cents that you spend on a phone call are well worth it for their the product.

Remember, this isn't some big company. Just a small town metal fabrication shop.

Why not FAX them and have them call you?

Good Luck!

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Personally. I can't say enough good things about them. They are very nice to talk to on the phone, and they are good at what they do.;)

6. REO

REO Guest

7. chariot

Okay, no email back yet. I called and asked for David, which is who their webpage says to talk to, he's not there today. I am then put through to Steve but he is busy, I try to leave voice message and only am allowed about 10 seconds. I did not even leave my number in that amount of time. I then went to leave him another message but I was then cut off after about 5 seconds. I don't really want to spend all day or all of my money on the phone long distance. TLS, I don't have a fax machine and I have usually had better service from a small town shop than a big company, not this time though. Thanks for your help guys.
    Anyone use "The grass handler" from W.E. Chapps?

8. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I have left three messages since last thursday and still no phone call. There products may be the greatest, but their service sucks.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

REO,

You may want to print this out and let them know. These are people with money waiting to buy this product. Any company turning down cash by not replying to phone or email is headed for trouble. I'm sure there is a legit. reason for non-response, but ....

I know they "DO" other things there, but I KNOW they could easily market this product well enough to make it their only source of income. Think of ALL the commercial mowers out there. They ALL NEED this product.

10. chariot

Mac43rn, I agree completely.