You all think your mower is special...Why

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The mayor, Apr 26, 2007.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

You all think your mower is special...Why. I see alot of bragging about your mowers, what features do you like. I have a toro that comes with a built in jack to change blades. My dixie chopper has fans on the that keep the deck clean of grass, and the ocdc is the best. The encore has a articulating front. It would be great to have all of that on one mower.
  2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Now that's a novel concept ... combine all the good things about every mower on one machine ... no, on second thought, that's too logical ... no single vendor would be able to sell a machine if that happened !!!
  3. unit40

unit40 LawnSite Member

I have a Deere X744. It's a special machine because it does everything for me. it has a 62" deck, 14 bushel powerflow bagger. It has all wheel steer and only leaves an uncut circle of 6". It has a rear PTO and three point hitch that I use to spread turf products. And I hook up the Johnnybucket to spread mulch, compost, topsoil, grade drives, I till gardens, all around great machine. Very versatile and powerful with the diesel.
  4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

My mower is special because I paid for it when my dealer delivered it - NO DEBT !!!!!:usflag:
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I like my Exmarks carpet cut. My 31 HP Turf Tiger will go through a jungle of grass, weeds even wet without clumping or slowing down. But I am going to scrape the deck (Velocity) in a few places after mowing in the rain today.
  6. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

I have suspension, and it makes me money
  7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Same here, though I have the TriVantage deck rather than the UltraCut, I think it leaves a really nice cut as long as I keep the blades sharp. The suction is great too for picking up leaves. Only thing that irritates me is there's a lot of buildup on the underside of the deck in wet grass.
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Well I have a Craftsman with a Plastic bag to hold down the handle so it will keep running,,,,,AND this bag doubles as a trash bag for when I need to empty the mower bag............

So there.........
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well you'll find out in time that a lot of guys will give you a hard time.

But I've been at this business a long time and I for one think that's 'all-right'.

I run zero turns, but I'm not as 'wowed' by them as most of the others around here.

There's something to be said for the versitility, simplicity, turf friendliness, and steerable front tires.

I only wish that you could go get a demo of something like you have just like you can with commercial mowers. I'd like to spend a few days on a big 4-wheel steer like that to see what it's like.
  10. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

My mower is special to me because without it it would be very hard to cut grass ;)