you are very expensive, but we will sign anyhow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 3, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

that's what i was told by my last sign up. here's the package: 4500 sq ft of turf. 4 fert apps, two post emerg, one pre. weekly mowing (total of 30). trimming 12 yews, very small in size, twice per season approx 40 min each time. keep beds and walkways sprayed (approx one gallon of roundup total, over the course of the season). edge beds (approx 200 ft of soft turf) one time per season. no spring or fall cleanup, there will be leaves in fall, but it will be priced separately. the bill was $1900 for the season. is that high? low?

2. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Ouch !!!!!! Our business could not survive on peanut prices like that.... :dizzy:

But who am I to know how to price residential...WE DONT DO RESIDENTIAL. :cool2:

sO WhY thje heck did I chime in ??? Oh hes just trying to get his # of posts increased.....BlaH...Blah Ya da ya da

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That's $63+ per cut/service based on the 30 cuts. Yeah for no more than you are doing other than the cuts and fert apps and 2 shrub trimimgs cause the rest of the stuff is pretty normal for here it would be a little high.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say you made a killing for something that small...

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

30 cuts at $35 each=$1050. trimming 2x @ $100 ea=$200. bed edgind 1 x=$175. one gallon of roundup @$50. fert program @$425.

6. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

holy crap 1 gallon of round up @ $50 is that what i should be charging? i get like $8 or $9 maybe, lol. $65 for 64 oz of concentrate. 2ozs to gal of h2o about $2.03 cost for a gal of round up. i usually put in 4 ozs of the concentrate too.

7. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

This is scary. I'm starting to think Like Bobby G. Sounds about right to me.

8. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

$35 a cut for something that isn't even 1/4 acre?

9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

That includes labor to spray the weeds during the season.I dont think he is going to just dump a gallon on the ground and call it a day. :rolleyes:

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

It may seem high, but in some areas thats not that far off. I know of a company that has a $35 min. charge.