1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

you can't fix it till you find it

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Forty two bucks for a coupling? :eek:
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

it's a really great coupling :)
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i don't charge by the hour pete, i work on performance so i normally get the more difficult jobs, most of them are other locators failures.

there may be times when the controller is inaccessible. if you can set up over a wire path and locate the first valve you now have access to the system through the valve box. this might not sound like much but if the owner is absent and the valve is stuck open and you don't know where to shut the water off this could be a savior.

i spend a lot of time researching methods and machines, sometimes i don't come up with anything, sometimes i do.

i called back yesterday to have one set on the counter for my partner to pick up and i have to by an ipex for 46 + 3 ea. for inserts, this ain't polly country.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Last brass compression x fpt adapter for 1-1/2 inch CTS poly I bought cost me over fifty bucks.
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Pack joints are pricey, to be sure, but I've never had one fail. Plus, they are so easy to install. :clapping: