You do the trimming, I'll mow. YEAH RIGHT>

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Indiana, May 17, 2001.

1. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Man, am I mad.

Ever had someone tell you? You do the trimming, I'll do the mowing.

Long time customer, says today; "I'm going to take care of the grass you just do the trimming." Then drove off before I could say anything.

So I loaded up and left. Sent him and email saying shove it! Good luck luck getting me back. I have a waiting list for people wanting me to do work, don't need s*** like this.

:angry:

2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

That's a good one, never had that happen.

3. casey

casey Guest

was he still paying same amount?
    Sounds like a deal.

4. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

If that's all you had to do that would be great just keep the same charge.And if he asked why tell him you have to make up for the time to justify doing just the trimming.Why kill a good think let he pay the same and he dosen't want to then you can tell hime to hit the road that you have more people on a list waiting for such quality service.:blob3:

5. ljmey

ljmey LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I don't blame you Indiana, I would have done the same thing. He most likely wouldn't pay full price any way, trimming is easy, he just didn't want to get trimmings on his pant legs. Good for you. LJMEY

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Although I would not have kept the customer for obvious reasons either, I would have graced them a good wishes blessing coated in sugar rather than doused in vinegar.

Just remember that good news travels fast and bad news travels at the speed of light.

If they want to cut the contract short or alter it beyond what we care to service that is their option as the client. To negate to continue under these conditions is ours.

I would have also considered if you had several others in the area possibly charging them $15 to trim it. At 5 minutes for the job thats not a bad rate.

Kris

7. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

If he wants to mow thats fine. Just pay my mininal fee of $39. Had a customer forget to turn of sprinkler other day. No problem, just sent them a service charge of $39. The only thing I do for less is honk my horn while driving by.:rolleyes:

8. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I have a customer that's just the opposite, I do the mowing, he does the trimming and all other manual labor. He pays well and I couldn't be happier with this arrangement, getting full-service pay and never get off the mower. :blob3:

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

ya right .....I'll be by tomorrow to weed wack that fer ya ;->

10. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Most people can't mow, and it would be impossible to trim where he didn't mow without knowing where he wasn't going to mow.Good call to let him fly.