You Fellas Won't Believe This

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLC, Mar 29, 2001.

1. TLC

TLC LawnSite Member

We just came back from a board meeting for opening bids. It was for a nursig home that is owned by the county. Mowing, trimming, tree pruning, spreading mulch, pruning shrubs,weed control and up keep of flower beds, you guys get the picture.6 acres of mowing only $170.00 per mowing. What do you guys think?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If theres alot of flat open areas at the $28/acre mark it might not be too bad. If there is alot of obstacles etc. then it should have been bid out at $55/acre.

This is just for the mowing, pruning-shearing, fert etc. would be additional.

Just my .02
  3. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I used to mow a nursing home.Not sure how many acreas it had but my guess it had about 4-5 acres.I maintained it for 450.00 per month.It was a yr round contract until they decided to declare bankruptsy.
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

tlc, Its not worth it! with a 2 man crew you can mow 4 1/4 acre lawns in a hour at 25 bucks a peice! I would never do a lawn for less then 40- 45 per acre....
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If we're just talking about cutting and trimming the lawn I'd say, Yes. 2 guys with 60" ZTR's could do that in less than 2 hours. It's one stop. Try it , you can always give the lawn to some one else.