1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

You flying through the lawns also?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Jul 6, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Today, I cut 2 days of my route by 2:30. (no lunch) today was about 38 houses. I love mulching in the summer! Anyone else making awesome time also?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I stopped at 2PM due to the heat (and head index 100+), but also my heavy days are Wed-Fri though that count? :D
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Got home at 11:45 today with 16 lawns done. Yeah we are averageing 9-12 minutes per lawn and these arent small lawns either.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Doing pretty good, except for the lawn with sprinkler systems. Other than that, even with the rain and the holiday I am ahead of schedule.
  5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You guys must mowing postage stamp lawns. I mow between 12 and 15 lawns (solo) every day. Average lawn is 12,000 SF. I usually start mowing around 7:15 in the morning and finish around 4:00 pm. I'm trying to adjust the route so that I can shave and hour or so off each day.
  6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: were cruising here also got a good portion of wednesdays lawns done, not picking up at all except my walker and thats getting dumped every 2 lawns or so. tony
  7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I would say that our average lawn is between 10,000 and 14,000 SF and we have some that are 2 acres. What helps us is that 80% of our lawns are in groups of 4 or more. Today we did 1 group of 7, 1 group of 4 and the last 4 were with in 1 mile of each other. Gotta remember that I am on the lazer doing 9mph across these lawns and my dad is on the 36" scag going full blast.
  8. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting thru a little quicker. Only reason is because I've finally made it thru my route the last 2 weeks without any rain backing me up. First that has happened this season. Still plenty wet enough to keep everthing growing fine tho.
  9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

i would be but i have about a trillion shrubs to trim also. I hate shrubberies.
  10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

You sure have been singing a different tune since April... I remember a post about being ready to call it quits. I also remember something about you saying that it's getting to be too much for your dad (who is 50 something?).

What has changed & why the heck isn't your dad riding the Lazer????

To answer the original posted question... Lawns around here are getting a little crisp in places. I've been cruising though my route.