1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

You gotta be kidding

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by cbtexas, Jul 4, 2011.

1. cbtexas

cbtexas LawnSite Member
    from texas

I saw this on craigslist in Odessa Texas. Hope it was not stolen from some one here, but I can't see it even being worth 1100.00 brand new. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like a stolen deal to me.

http://odessa.craigslist.org/for/2475891810.html

2. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

What makes you think its stolen?

3. ochosdaddy

ochosdaddy LawnSite Member

I doubt it's stolen. He just wants every penny back out of this stuff. It won't happen, but he can dream.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Right, it's the other way around, when a deal's too good to be true is when you need to wonder,
    this is just overpriced, that it might be a ripoff sure but that's on the opposite side of stolen.

Also unfortunately the seller likely wasn't kidding, and neither was I.

5. cbtexas

cbtexas LawnSite Member
    from texas

I don't know. It just seems strange that he is asking so much for it. It seems like more that what it would have cost him new. If someone said hey that is too much, I will give you 500.00. Well he could say OK and still make out like a bandit. That was what I was thinking.

Who buys used equipment at retail prices?

6. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

A thief would be more likely to sell something for less than its current value. They stole it int he first place out of desperation and would sell it just as fast as they got it.

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

You have no idea what you are talking about