You gotta see this!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenQuest Lawn, Jul 22, 2001.

1. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well as we were shopping we came across this lawn Care.

First thing I thought was dangit all the times I carry my digital camera and I don't have it .

I told my wife "I have to get a picture of this It is my duty as a LS member to post this". We ran into Target and bought a disposable camera, Took a pic, and continued with our shopping. After about an hour we were done and the car was still there. I decided to see if I could get home and back before it was gone(I didn't want to wait for the film to be developed) well it was still there!:D

By the way: Grass too tall Give us a call:D

ha ha ha.jpg

2. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

This picture is amazing. We have an older man in our town, probably in his seventies, that has the same setup. He puts flyers in the doors and offer dirt cheap prices. I kind of feel sorry for the guy, since he has to load a lawnboy out of his trunk and other equipment and moves sooooo slow. I guess he needs to supplement his social security. When he is not doing lawns, the lawn sign comes off the car and a clown sign goes on the door. He is also a clown. I will try to get a picture the next time I see him. I am suprised the heat has not done him in yet.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

where theres a will theres a way. i think his sign cost more than all his other equipment. cept mabe the family sedan.lol
    he needs a little coaching on sign hanging.im picturing a 78 yr
    old doing his thing and letting the world go by at any pace it wants to.later

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Todd,

You sound just like my husband. He drives me crazy sometimes.

When he see a funny pic, he insists that we turn around and get that picture.

I would like to see more funny pics posted here, but I hesitate to do so, because I wouldn't want to offend anyone by having anyone think I am poking fun at someone. But being in this business, we gotta get a laugh every once in awhile. ;)

BTW, if my husband was at that Target, he would have taken that picture too :laugh:

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Now only if that old guy put on the clown outfit when he cut.
    Bet he could get some buisness that way and upgrade to a mini-van or wagon.

7. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

but did you notice a trailer hitch or anything on the back of that car? do you think he actually works out of that car?believe it or not,he is advertising his biz every time he's out there drivin around.i thought of doing the same only smaller signs for the car when i'm out estimating jobs. people get paranoid when they see an unfamiliar car drivinng around their neighborhood.i know from personal experience -got stopped by the cops just putting out flyers one year and almost got a fine for not having a permit!

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, that's about as professional as it gets, and just for your information, I only use the car for estimates. (O.k., maybe I DO do a few SMALL lawns with it too.) Anyway, didn't you see my bumpersticker? It says. "My OTHER car is a pickup."

9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well After thinking about it I wonder if 1 he works at target or 2 uses this for advertisement. He was at this store for over 2hrs. Mabey he was shopping that long but mabey not.

My wife and I got a good laugh.

I have an urge to call him and see what his rates are.

I did not notice a trailor hitch (did not look very close).

I wonder whats in the carrier, mabey a bent shaft trimmer and a hand-held blower.:D

10. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Maby the car broke down.
    I'd call him and as for an estiamte of your lawn or a neighbors when their not home.